Sunday, October 4, 2009

Pre-Departure

7 Days before the journey begins. In 24 hours I will be with my humble family in Havelock, Ontario, getting and giving a lot of love before I depart from Toronto until Christmas. On Friday my beautiful and generous friends on Ambrose street had a swell little going away party and I got to say hi and bye to everyone :) Thanks to them with much love and for my boyfriend for coming down for our last weekend and seeing me off.


The last two days have been a bit bumpy... a nnumber 7 earthquake has rippled through the phillipines killing many people under the collapsed rubble of old buildings. The earthquake and seasonal variations, along with two devastating and approaching hurricanes, has ripped through the Phillipines and flooded many parts of Vietnam and Cambodia - two of the countries I am visiting. The death toll has reached about 50-60 in the northern countries, mainly from flooding and drowning. This made me very paranoid, but after research into previous years the typhoon season repeats the flooding every year and mainly to the same spots in central vietnam, i will be catching the tail end of this season and after looking at the local pictures... even in the floods everyone pushes through, the markets still run, the transportation still manages, and ppl keep their spirits. So I am just hoping it is all subsided and calm by then, and if not... I will be smart and skip the country. No worries , I will stay tuned and be very inquisitive:)


The first leg of the journey will be a circuit of northern and southern thailand, where there is no weather advisories at the moment and everything is calm, my next post will be in 10 days or so when I have something real to tell yoU!

1 comment:

  1. Holly
    It's 7 oclock here Wednesday night and your grandmother is looking to here something from you. See if you made it there safely. Better write something soon. Sharon. Your mom is standing over my shoulder looking for a reply as well.

    ReplyDelete